Job Detail - Business Analyst
Elevate K-12 is changing the way classrooms work through live, online, real-time instruction to K-12 schools. Our two main focuses are to give students the best quality instructors and get them ready for the world of the future and to give instructors, especially women, work opportunities, irrespective of zip codes. We are the new way to classroom!
The Business Analyst position will work closely with key Elevate K-12 business and technology stakeholders to analyze business needs and document/manage requirements/user stories for large, complex, enterprise projects or programs. In this role the individual will lead significant business analysis efforts that improves the overall impact of requirements in support of critical enterprise initiatives. Responsibilities will include document stakeholder business requirements, conduct high-level assessment of existing business processes, create detail future process descriptions, assist with quantifiable business cases and drive standards and continuous improvement within the Technology organization.
- Work closely with key business stakeholders in the identification of business requirements, functional design, and process design.
- Elicit, analyze and document business and technical requirements and business rules advising business on priorities, options, risks and costs versus benefits of various solutions.
- Identify, document and update business processes, including identifying impacts to policies, procedures and controls.
- Assist with the analysis of impacts of proposed technology solutions on existing business and operational processes.
- Coordinate work and initiatives across the various delivery portfolios in the organization.
- Provide status reporting to management of team activities against the project plan and schedule
- Manages business partner satisfaction to ensure that delivery of projects and initiatives meet or exceed expectations based on scope.
- Develop business scenarios/use cases to explain and demonstrate business requirements specifications to business stakeholders and the technology team.
- Develops and introduces new methods and procedures, standards, and tools to their business partners.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Technology or related field is required.
- Minimum 3-4 years of Business Analyst experience
- Experience in documentation business requirements, process mapping, workflow diagram, and low-level process document
- Ability to contribute to and balance delivery timelines against, multiple projects/demands simultaneously
- Strong communication and organizational skills is required
- International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA) Business Analyst certification a plus.
- Previous experience in agile methodologies is preferred.
Be Part Of Our Story:
Elevate K-12 is tasked with an important mission: change the way K-12 classrooms and teaching work. Our organization is a radically open-minded company that is scaling fast. We are a team focused on high performance, dynamism and embodying a collaborative culture at all levels. Our teammates are able to have open, honest discussions that drive us toward our mission. Elevate K-12 is in a stage of hyper growth that will continue to open up new challenges and opportunities for our team.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including gender identity, gender expression, change of sex, and transgender status), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request.