Job Detail - SDET 2
Who we are:
Elevate K-12 is a Series C funded, rapid growth stage start-up focused on solving the crisis-level teacher shortage in US K-12 schools changing the way classrooms work live, virtual instruction that gives students access to high quality, certified teachers who help them prepare for the world of the future! For our teacher community, we open new work opportunities proprietary platform and curriculum, enabling them to deliver live remote instruction across multiple subjects in elementary, middle, and high schools across the US. Our goal is to enable high quality live teaching for every learner in the U.S., from kindergarten through their first jobs, so they can receive the education they need to identify and pursue their unique passions in life. We are the new way to the classroom!
We live the mission of Elevate K-12, and we’re getting better each day, if all of this sounds exciting to you – We want to hear from you!
On the heels of a Series C funding led by General Catalyst, Elevate K-12 is enjoying strong business momentum, growing revenues at a 100% y-y, with plans to double again next year. To continue this momentum, we are investing in building out a strong product and technology function to power the next generation of solutions for students, teachers, and school/districts. The Elevate Software Engineering team, delivering cutting edge educational software at enterprise class scale and with consumer-grade experiences to deliver on our company mission.
In pursuit of this goal, we are looking for a Sr Automation Engineer to join our technical team as we move from being a tech-enabled service to a tech product company. We are looking for passionate and enthusiastic people who love solving complex business problems and providing excellent technical solutions. If you are passionate about joining a mission-driven, education technology company and creating the future of EdTech, then this role is for you!
Problems you’ll get to solve include:
- Design and implement test automation frameworks to ensure that the testing process is efficient, effective, and can be maintained over time.
- Analyse test results to identify areas for improvement in our educational product. You will work closely with the development team to identify and resolve any issues.
- Collaborate with other teams, such as development, product management, and user experience, to ensure that the testing process is integrated with the overall product development process
- Work to continuously improve the testing process, identifying opportunities to streamline and automate testing tasks.
- Design, develop, and implement comprehensive test plans and strategies for software products.
- Write, execute, and maintain automated test cases using a Selenium with Java and commercial automation tool (e.g., Selenium, TestProject, TestComplete, UFT, etc.).
- Debug and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Evaluate and recommend automation tools and technologies and continuously assess their effectiveness.
- Work with stakeholders to define project requirements, timelines, and deliverables.
- Stay current with emerging automation tools, techniques, and technologies.
- Develop and implement automation standards and processes.
- Write code to automate the testing process, including the creation of test harnesses, stubs, and drivers.
- Collaborate with developers to identify areas for improvement in the development process.
- Understand how all components and interfaces of the product work together and develop
QE approaches to fit the overall product architecture.
- To develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality.
- Self-motivated, goal oriented, quality driven and capable of working both independently and in a team
What you will need:
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, Information Technology, or related field.
- 5 years of experience in automation testing field.
- Experience with enterprise commercial automation tool (Codeless tool) like TOSCA , TestComplete TestProject, Katalon , UFT , Ranorex etc.
- Expertise on Selenium WebDriver with Java Mandatory
- Automation experience in automation of CRM/ERP application like Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases, test script
- Practical experience in all types of testing including exploratory, functional and non-
- functional testing such as performance, reliability and security
- Industry experience in best practices for designing robust automation frameworks using
- Selenium WebDriver with Java
- Experience utilizing and testing web services, especially REST services
- Familiar with build and continuous integration tools like Jenkins, Azure DevOps
- Provide leadership to other QA Automation engineers in QA team,
- Work directly and report Automation status to QA Manager
- Authoring, reviewing and executing the automation scripts
- Manage and execute deliverables as per Automation Test Plan
- Contributing to API testing and automation
- Analyzing automation test results and raising defects
- Experience in API Automation Mandatory
- Expertise in Azure Devops CI Pipeline (Optional)
- Experience with any performance testing tool like Jmeter (Optional)
- Excellent understanding of software development lifecycle (SDLC) and testing methodologies.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to lead projects and guide junior team members.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.