Job Detail - Director of Talent Acquisition
Elevate K-12 is on a mission to ensure every student receives a high-quality education, regardless of zip code. We are changing the way classrooms work by creating a brand new category of live, virtual classroom instruction to give students access to exceptional teachers through our two-sided network. Our certified teachers from across the country are securely streamed into tens of thousands of classrooms, providing instruction that would otherwise be unavailable in many districts across the U.S. Our goal is to enable high-quality, live teaching for every learner in the U.S., from kindergarten through their first jobs, so they can identify and pursue their unique passions in life. We are the new way to the classroom!
Elevate K-12 is a series-C funded (led by General Catalyst), high-growth, EdTech company enjoying strong business momentum. We are growing at 150%+ CAGR in a $50B TAM with plans to double again next year. We have the first-mover, and now the first-scaler, advantage and we are working to become an iconic EdTech brand in live teaching, uplifting the lives of millions of students and creating unique job opportunities for teachers in this new, innovative category of education.
We are seeking an experienced Director of Talent Acquisition to join our team at Elevate K-12. You will be responsible for the entire internal recruiting function; driving innovative, and inclusive programs to attract, assess, and hire top talent across all levels of the company. This includes designing the talent acquisition strategy, building out a talent pipeline, implementing best-in-class recruitment processes, and managing our team of internal recruiters. This is an exciting opportunity for a strategic, creative, and process-driven leader who is looking to make an impact in a high growth environment.
What you will do:
- Own Elevate K-12's Talent Acquisition strategy end-to-end
- Define and implement the tools and systems needed to support and scale all aspects of the Talent Acquisition process
- Build sourcing and engagement strategies to attract top talent, including active, as well as passive candidates
- Prepare hiring forecasts and maintain a strong pipeline for frequently filled positions.
- Build, advocate for, and support recruiting processes that reflect Diversity, Equity & Inclusion best practices; ensure equitable and inclusive hiring practices are followed throughout the organization
- Develop training programs to improve hiring practices and interview skills for all Elevate K-12 hiring managers and recruiters
- Implement programs that deliver a best-in-class candidate experience across all stages of the candidate lifecycle
- Work in partnership with Marketing to create and maintain a strong employment brand and talent brand strategy
- Design and implement clear, metrics-driven processes to track and evaluate the effectiveness of all recruiting programs and initiatives
- Act as lead recruiter for executive/senior leadership roles, including oversight over the end-to-end candidate process
- Own all Objectives & Key Results for the Talent Acquisition function
- Lead and develop members of the Talent Acquisition team
- Minimum of 10 years Talent Acquisition experience
- 5+ years managing recruiting teams
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience developing and implementing operational processes to successfully scale Talent Acquisition in a high-growth global organization
- Strong program management skills and operational rigor to translate hiring goals into actionable plans
- Expertise with recruiting and sourcing software, including hands-on experience implementing tools and system integrations.
- Extensive experience recruiting for technical and sales roles
- Effective interpersonal skills with an ability to develop trusted relationships with senior leaders and hiring mangers
- Strong business acumen
- Data-driven and analytical
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Able to travel 20% of the time
- Chicago based preferred but not required
What we offer:
- An amazing team of “Elevaters” with a strong, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Competitive compensation
- Unlimited PTO (Paid Time Off) & 12 company paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and more
- Phone and internet stipend
- Home office setup stipend
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including gender identity, gender expression, change of sex, and transgender status), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request.