Job Detail - Director of Product Management (Remote)
Who we are:
Elevate K-12 is a fast-growing edtech company focused on solving the crisis-level teacher shortage in US K-12 schools. We are changing the way classrooms work by creating a brand new category of live, synchronous classroom instruction that gives students access to high quality, certified teachers who help them prepare for the world of the future! We have created a two-sided network for schools and teachers. For our teacher community, we open new work opportunities through our proprietary platform and curriculum, enabling them to deliver live remote instruction across multiple subjects in elementary, middle, and high schools across the US. Our goal is to enable high quality live teaching for every learner in the U.S., from kindergarten through their first jobs, so they can receive the right live teaching from experts to identify and pursue their unique passions in life. We are the new way to the classroom!
We are a Series C funded hi-growth edtech company and we live the mission of Elevate K-12, and we’re getting better each day, if all of this sounds exciting to you – We want to hear from you!
The Growth and the Team:
On the heels of a Series C funding led by General Catalyst, Elevate K-12 is enjoying strong business momentum, growing revenues at a 100% y-y, with plans to double again next year. To continue this momentum, we are investing in building out a strong product and technology function to power the next generation of solutions for students, teachers, and school/districts. The Elevate Product Management team, led by Elevate’s Chief Product and Technology Officer, Piyush Lumba, will be responsible for defining and delivering cutting edge educational software at enterprise class scale and with consumer-grade experiences to deliver on our company mission.
Fueled by growth in our teacher community and school/district adoption, we’re rapidly improving and expanding our product portfolio e.g., developing more interactive, engaging, and personalized learning solutions for students, expanding the tools and services to serve our teacher community, developing new academic products for our schools/districts and expanding our solution coverage across more states and jurisdictions. Your role as Product Director is an opportunity to shape this future and transform the education industry. If you are excited about the opportunity to work with smart, mission-driven people, building cutting-edge education solutions, this is the role for you. You will have the opportunity to own and drive multiple 0->1 product lines within the Elevate K-12 Product Management team.
Problems you’ll get to solve include:
- Develop virtual delivery solutions that enable Elevate live instructors to deliver the most personalized, interactive, and engaging instruction to K-12 students across schools in the United States, enabling them to learn effectively and prepare for the future.
- Create unique solutions to allow teachers to teach from anywhere, on their own terms, and to rediscover their love for teaching.
- Developing solutions that enable schools and districts to bring interactive live platforms in a seamless manner into their educational systems, giving them the ability not only solve the teacher shortage crisis, but also offer unique learning opportunities for their students.
- Develop analytics and AI solutions to tailor content, curriculum, and teaching approaches based on large-scale education delivery models.
What You'll Do:
- Own and drive the vision of our product roadmap for one or more experiences and audiences, balancing short and long-term goals to scale.
- Become an ally to our customers, working directly with them to understand their use cases and product pain points.
- Evangelize the Elevate K-12 platform and services and the impact that AI and algorithms can have on educational outcomes.
- Partner with our customer success and sales teams to collect and analyze feedback, understand market trends, and ruthlessly prioritize the roadmap, working closely with UX and engineering to drive execution.
- Manage bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate, and make trade-offs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints, and maximize business benefit while building great customer experiences.
- Lead by example. Roll up your sleeves to ensure projects stay on schedule and meet our high standards of quality.
- Travel to visit our partner schools and see Elevate K-12 in action in order to better develop our offering (up to 25% travel required).
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree with a technical discipline, MBA preferred.
- 6-8 years total experience, 4+ years of product management in software platform or SaaS solutions
- Customer obsessed with a proven ability to develop innovative product solutions that are grounded in a deep understanding of customer needs.
- Experienced in translating customer needs and ideas into detailed product requirements.
- Ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade-offs, and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners.
- Experience with end-to-end product delivery, overseeing roadmap strategy and execution.
- Experience engaging and influencing both peers and senior executives.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Proven ability to use a data driven approach to back up assumptions and drive actions.
- Prior experience with education technology solutions a plus!
- Track record of having built successful workflow, enterprise analytics and ML based products a plus!
What we offer:
- Team Focused & High-Performance Culture: Problem Solvers, Passionate & Mission Driven
- Competitive Compensation
- Unlimited PTO & 12 Company Paid Holidays
- Benefits – Medical, Dental & Vision, 401k Plan and more
- Phone and internet stipend
- Work from home including home office set-up reimbursement (Ideally located in the Seattle or San Francisco Metro Area)
Be Part Of Our Story:
Elevate K-12 is tasked with an important mission: change the way K-12 classrooms and teaching work. Our organization is a radically open-minded company that is scaling fast. We are a team focused on high performance, dynamism and embodying a collaborative culture at all levels. Our teammates can have open, honest discussions that drive us toward our mission. Elevate K-12 is in a stage of hypergrowth that will continue to open up new challenges and opportunities for our team.
We welcome women and underrepresented groups to apply even if they don’t meet 100% of the qualifications. These groups may be more likely to apply only if they meet all of the qualifications on a job description. We hope this inspires any applicant that is interested in the role even if they don’t meet all of the requirements in the “Who you are” section.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including gender identity, gender expression, change of sex, and transgender status), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request.