Job Detail - Sales Development Representative (Hybrid)
Elevate K-12 is on a mission to ensure every student receives a high-quality education, regardless of zip code. We are changing the way classrooms work by creating a brand new category of live, virtual classroom instruction to give students access to exceptional teachers through our two-sided network. Our certified teachers from across the country are securely streamed into tens of thousands of classrooms, providing instruction that would otherwise be unavailable in many districts across the U.S. Our goal is to enable high-quality, live teaching for every learner in the U.S., from kindergarten through their first jobs, so they can identify and pursue their unique passions in life. We are the new way to the classroom!
Elevate K-12 is a series-C funded (led by General Catalyst), high-growth, EdTech company enjoying strong business momentum. We are growing at 150%+ CAGR in a $50B TAM with plans to double again next year. We have the first-mover, and now the first-scaler, advantage and we are working to become an iconic EdTech brand in live teaching, uplifting the lives of millions of students and creating unique job opportunities for teachers in this new, innovative category of education.
We are seeking a Sales Development Representative for our fast-growing brand. As part of our sales team, you will identify and qualify sales opportunities for our sales organization. If you are passionate about learning new things and thrive in a fast-paced environment, Elevate K-12 is the place for you! If you crave fun, adventure and a challenge, we want you!
You will reach out to prospective schools and districts partners in a resourceful and engaging way to schedule sales appointments for our sales organization! You will have opportunity for career growth and development!
What you will do:
- Conduct market research to identify potential clients and understand their needs
- Reach out to potential clients via phone, email, or social media to introduce our products and services
- Qualify leads and set up meetings for the sales team to pitch our products and services
- Maintain accurate records of all outreach and lead generation activities
- Collaborate with the sales team to develop effective outreach strategies and messaging
- Continuously monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of outreach strategies and adjust as necessary
- Provide feedback to the sales and marketing teams on trends and insights from client outreach
In the beginning
- Learn the Elevate K-12 product and messaging
- Learn about the people we help and how we’re able to help them
- Learn the tools necessary to be successful: CRM, Sales Engagement, Product Info, etc.
- Build relationships with your field sales counterparts
- Leverage any opportunity you can to learn the market and the business
- Consistently meet goals for setting introductory meetings between prospects and sales reps
As you grow in your career
- Continue to build on your core skills and product/industry knowledge
- Know what it takes to meet or exceed your goals and maintain the momentum to do so
- Begin to expand your knowledge of closing-role sales duties and responsibilities
- Work with mentors to set goals for yourself to gain consideration for promotion
- Based on success meeting & exceeding goals – Growth opportunity into senior roles on the team
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, Marketing, or a related field
- 1-2 years of experience in sales or business development (cold calling, prospecting, etc.)
- Proven track record of generating leads and setting up meetings with prospective clients
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Familiarity with CRM software and other sales tools
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, goal-oriented environment
- Knowledge of the industry and market trends
- Proactive and go-getter attitude
- Strong Presentation Skills – Excellent Communication Skills
- High level of personal and professional integrity – Desire to learn and grow
- Passion and Grit with a Growth mindset
What we offer:
- An amazing team of “Elevaters” with a strong, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Competitive compensation
- Unlimited PTO (Paid Time Off) & 12 company paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and more
- Phone stipend
- Chicago office gym & roof top space
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including gender identity, gender expression, change of sex, and transgender status), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request.