Job Detail - Manager of Vendor Operations & Procurement (Hybrid)
Elevate K-12 is on a mission to ensure every student receives a high-quality education, regardless of zip code. We are changing the way classrooms work by creating a brand new category of live, virtual classroom instruction to give students access to exceptional teachers through our two-sided network. Our certified teachers from across the country are securely streamed into tens of thousands of classrooms, providing instruction that would otherwise be unavailable in many districts across the U.S. Our goal is to enable high-quality, live teaching for every learner in the U.S., from kindergarten through their first jobs, so they can identify and pursue their unique passions in life. We are the new way to the classroom!
Elevate K-12 is a series-C funded (led by General Catalyst), high-growth, EdTech company enjoying strong business momentum. We are growing at 150%+ CAGR in a $50B TAM with plans to double again next year. We have the first-mover, and now the first-scaler, advantage and we are working to become an iconic EdTech brand in live teaching, uplifting the lives of millions of students and creating unique job opportunities for teachers in this new, innovative category of education.
Manager of Vendor Operations & Procurement will oversee and manage our organization’s procurement operations and vendor relationships. The ideal candidate should possess strategic thinking capabilities and deep understanding of procurement process, vendor management, and contract management. You will assume a pivotal role in optimizing costs, ensuring timely delivery of goods and services and nurturing supplier relationships. The role will have key engagements and interactions across all levels of the organization.
With your deep expertise and proven success using analytical thinking and iterative problem-solving, you have what it takes to strategically and tactically manage projects, improve current state and processes and built future state. Whether balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders or making sound decision using data, analysis, past experience, and risk/entrepreneur mindset, you will serve as a trusted advisor who routinely solves/improves/business problems. In the process, you will have exciting opportunity to design and develop current and future state of a newly established department.
What you will do:
- Extensive experience and proficiency in utilizing Sourcing/Procurement tools, methodologies, including RFP (Request for Proposal) management, negotiations and contract management. The candidate’s experience in these areas will be pivotal in optimizing procurement strategies.
- Design and implement the vendor management process for new and existing vendors ensuring coordination across technology, operations, finance and other business stakeholders
- Develop guideliness, standards, and procedures to continually improve the current state and build future state
- Accountable to design-implement and create transparency leveraging DocuSign to track all contractual agreements for the organization.
- Evaluating/monitoring contracts to identify needed amendments, extensions and to assess compliance with contractual obligations.
- Maintain the ongoing Vendor Governance process(es) which includes overall oversight of Vendors relationship state. Serves as an escalation point and single point of contact for Vendor and Business Unit(s)
- Manage and track progress of initial procurement, renewals and provide status reports to key stakeholders/management
- Negotiate pricing, terms, and contracts with suppliers, and vendors
- Ensure appropriate approvals are obtained and documentation custody is maintained
- +5 years previous experience in vendor management or comparable field
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or comparable field
- Experience with contract negotiations / RFP’s/policies and procedures
- Strong experience in DocuSign
- Strong attention to detail and result-oriented with problem solving, research and resolution skills
- Excellent reading and written language skills, organizational skills, interpersonal skils, “Creative Thinker” and “Resolution Skills”
- Proven ability to design and manage multiple projects, set priorities and meet deadlines
- “On the ground” and “Roll up Sleeves” mentality to support the newly established department
What we offer:
- An amazing team of “Elevaters” with a strong, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Competitive compensation
- Unlimited PTO (Paid Time Off) & 12 company paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and more
- Phone stipend
- Chicago office gym & roof top space
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including gender identity, gender expression, change of sex, and transgender status), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request.