Job Detail - Academic Coaching & Development Manager
Who we are:
Elevate K-12 is changing the way classrooms work through live, online, real-time instruction to K-12 schools. Our two main focuses are to give students the best quality instructors and get them ready for the world of the future and to give instructors, especially women, work opportunities, irrespective of zip code. We are the new way to the classroom!
This is a rare combination where the impact of your results on you matches your impact on the world. This is a unique opportunity to play an integral role in building a sales team, where the services we sell provide equity in education to underserved communities across the country.
If you have a passion for helping others, thrive in a fast-paced environment, crave fun, adventure, and challenge, this could be the role for you. Our team is constantly adapting and pivoting to find a better way to build lasting relationships with our partners, which enables us to achieve over 100% year-over-year growth.
We live the mission of Elevate K-12, and we’re getting better each day, if all of this sounds exciting to you – We want to hear from you!
What we offer:
- Our Team of Elevaters are: Problem Solvers, Passionate, Thirsty for Knowledge & Mission Driven
- Unlimited PTO & 12 Company Paid Holidays
- Strong High-Performance Based Culture with High Growth Potential
- Team Focused Culture – Team Events, Outings, Happy Hours, & Recognition
- Full Benefits – Medical, Dental & Vision / 401k Plan
- Hybrid work schedule in Chicago Office
Who you are:
We are looking for an engaging, passionate individual to support and assist all academic coaches in their various layers of support provided to our teachers at the instructional and program level. We need a proactive communicator who is eager to connect with others. You will oversee academic coaches along with their teachers in phases of training and professional learning. Your role will ensure high-quality instruction which will affirm strong school relationships and provide professional growth for our growing virtual teacher community. If you are a self-starter who is willing to develop new processes, this is the role for you. Your support will positively impact the learning for our students, coaches, and teachers. Let’s make Elevate K-12 the best virtual education place for educators.
What value you will add:
- Design the Teacher Development program
- Develop and deliver professional development and learning for teachers and instructional team members to improve teacher quality & student outcomes
- Monitor data from coaching cycles and observations to inform targeted coaching and differentiated professional learning needs
- Partner with other Academic Coaching & Development Manager on coaching and development needs for the Instruction Team
- Support and engage direct reports and contractors in preparation, goal setting, and professional learning using data and research-based practices in coaching
- Cross team collaboration with Academic Operations and Learning & Development
- Create a virtual coaching community for other educators to learn from our work
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree required (Master’s degree preferred)
- 5+ years teaching or working in a school setting
- 3+ years in a coaching and leadership role
- Experience developing relationships with teachers and coaches
- Experience with instructional design of learning pathways and professional development
- Demonstrated success in addressing multiple initiatives and projects simultaneously
- An innovative and entrepreneurial spirit
- Chicago based preferred
Be Part Of Our Story:
Elevate K-12 is tasked with an important mission: change the way K-12 classrooms and teaching work. Our organization is a radically open-minded company that is scaling fast. We are a team focused on high performance, dynamism, and embodying a collaborative culture at all levels. Our teammates are able to have open, honest discussions that drive us toward our mission. Elevate K-12 is in a stage of hyper-growth that will continue to open up new challenges and opportunities for our team.
We welcome women and underrepresented groups to apply even if they don’t meet 100% of the qualifications. These groups may be more likely to apply only if they meet all of the qualifications on a job description. We hope this inspires any applicant that is interested in the role even if they don’t meet all of the requirements in the “Who you are” section.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including gender identity, gender expression, change of sex, and transgender status), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you need assistance or accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request.