Job Detail - Manager - People & Culture
Manager People and Culture
Elevate K-12 is changing the way classrooms work through live, online, real-time instruction to K-12 schools. Our two main focuses are to give students the best quality instructors and get them ready for the world of the future and to give instructors, especially women, work opportunities, irrespective of zip codes. We are the new way to the classroom!
We are currently looking for a Manager – People & Culture who can be a part of our People team with proven experience and knowledge. This person should be comfortable with working in a fast-paced, rapid growth environment and show great initiative and ownership for taking on new roles and responsibilities.
- Develop and implement HR policies and procedures that support the organization's goals and objectives.
- Manage the performance evaluation process and develop strategies to improve employee performance.
- Lead organizational roll out, completion and auditing of key stages in the annual performance management cycle.
- Develop and execute employee retention strategies, including career progression plans, and employee engagement initiatives.
- Provide guidance and support to managers and employees on HR policies, procedures, and practices.
- Manage compensation and benefits programs, ensuring they are competitive and aligned with industry standards.
- Manage employee relations issues, including conflict resolution, disciplinary action, and termination.
- Ensure compliance with all employment laws and regulations.
- Oversee HR record keeping and reporting, ensuring accuracy and confidentiality.
- Develop and manage HR budgets and forecasts.
- Collaborate with other departments and stakeholders to ensure HR initiatives are aligned with overall organizational goals and objectives.
- Manage employee’s onboarding & offboarding processes.
- Stay current with trends and best practices in HR management and make recommendations for improvements to HR policies and procedures.
What you will need:
- Bachelor's degree in human resources management, business administration, or related field. MBA preferred.
- At least 8-12 years of experience in human resources management, preferably in a managerial role
- Excellent knowledge of HR policies, procedures, and practices
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Experience with HR software and databases
- People oriented and results driven.
- Ability to architect strategy along with leadership skills.
- Excellent negotiation and presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Experience managing a team of HR professionals.
Be Part Of Our Story:
Elevate K-12 is tasked with an important mission: change the way K-12 classrooms and teaching work. Our organization is a radically open-minded company that is scaling fast. We are a team focused on high performance, dynamism and embodying a collaborative culture at all levels. Our teammates are able to have open, honest discussions that drive us toward our mission. Elevate K-12 is in a stage of hyper growth that will continue to open up new challenges and opportunities for our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including gender identity, gender expression, change of sex, and transgender status), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request.