Job Detail - Special Education ELA Content Writer (part-time, contract)
Elevate K-12 is changing the way classrooms work through live, online, real-time instruction to K-12 schools. Our two main focuses are to give students the best quality instructors and get them ready for the world of the future and to give instructors, especially women, work opportunities, irrespective of zip codes. We are the new way to the classroom!
An experienced, dynamic, tech-savvy Special Education teacher experienced writing curriculum and adapting curriculum to meet the needs of diverse learners. Someone with deep knowledge of research-based approaches and effective assessment strategies for students with IEPs a. We cater to K-12 schools and would prefer an individual that has taught in a special education resource setting for grades 4-12. The ideal candidate has served as a department head, case manager, or building or district leader in a school with a high percentage of students with IEPs.
- Adapt and enhance Elevate Tier 1 Units and lesson plans based on instructional materials, grade-level standards, and other specifications to meet the needs of common accommodations and modifications dictated in student IEPs.
- Design engaging and innovative lessons that leverage technology, research-based strategies, and best practices for online instruction
- Collaborate with the writing team to ensure the curriculum shares a common voice
- Modify formative and summative assessments that accurately monitor student progress
- Facilitate the preparation of materials, such as activities, projects, study guides, and teacher’s notes that align with best practices for diverse learners
- Work collaboratively with fellow content writers to edit and improve lessons
- Complete work in an organized, efficient manner to ensure deadlines are met.
What you will need:
- A US state certification in Special Education
- Master’s Degree in Education (preferred)
- 3+ years of teaching ELA in a resource setting
- 1+ years of curriculum writing, adapting, or modifying
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Tech proficiency: PowerPoint, Word, MicroSoft
- Experience with popular edtech applications (preferred)
- Work hours are flexible; however, the ability to be online for scheduled meetings is important. Meetings are scheduled in advance and in collaboration with advisors and/or managers.
- Writers are compensated at a rate of $100/lesson. Pay is based on completed deliverables, and not hours spent.
- Availability of 10-15 hours per week
- 1099 Independent Short Term Contract role
Be Part Of Our Story:
Elevate K-12 is tasked with an important mission: change the way K-12 classrooms and teaching work. Our organization is a radically open-minded company that is scaling fast. We are a team focused on high performance, dynamism and embodying a collaborative culture at all levels. Our teammates are able to have open, honest discussions that drive us toward our mission. Elevate K-12 is in a stage of hyper growth that will continue to open up new challenges and opportunities for our team.