Job Detail - Director of People Operations
Who we are:
At Elevate K-12, we are changing the way classrooms work through live, online, real-time instruction at K-12 schools. Our two main focuses are to provide students with high-quality teachers to ensure students are prepared for their future and provide opportunities for teachers. We are the new way to the classroom!
We have an incredible mission and team at Elevate K-12!
What we offer:
- Strong, inclusive, and diverse work culture with high growth potential
- Our team of Elevaters are: passionate, motivated and mission-driven
- In-office gym and phone reimbursement
- Team in-office lunch every Wednesday
- Unlimited PTO and national holidays with no waiting period
- Open floor plan in the office
What you will add:
The Director of People Ops will provide leadership to Elevate K-12’s Human Resource operations. They will be responsible for the design and execution of talent management strategies to support talent concentration across the organization as well as own compliance. Collaboration with the Director of Talent Acquisition will be critical to improving high talent density. This position reports to the SVP of People.
A keen understanding of team engagement, professional development, benefits, performance evaluation, and feedback loops will be essential to create a well-executed employee experience. In addition, the Director of People Ops will have advanced insight into compliance and compensation philosophies. They will provide leadership and guidance around continuous improvement and streamlined processes within the human resources operation.
Elevate K-12 is committed to providing a safe and inclusive workplace. The Director of People Ops will serve as a thought leader on key areas such as diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging. They will promote diversity in the workplace and ensure talent management strategies are aligned with diversity and inclusion.
Professional development is a key success factor and reflective of Elevate K-12’s education mission. The Director of People Ops will act as an advisor to develop and implement programs that support and enrich its people and teams. To support this, they will participate in professional development and networking events and stay abreast of current talent management and retention trends
Who you are:
- 8+ years of experience across people operations, human resource business partnering, compliance and related areas
- 4+ years of people management experience
- Bachelors degree required; MBA/advanced degree is a plus
- Strong project management and organization skills
- Strong date-driven approach to solving problems and building processes
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong communication skills; ability to communicate (verbally and written) up and down the organization, across departments and rank
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Thorough attention to detail
- Experience and proficiency in project and change management
- Strong business acumen
- Experience working with and recommending creative talent development tools, technologies, and platforms to enhance proficiencies
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills
- Can engage in strong discussions to find the best solutions in a complex, matrixed environment
- Drive for results, bottom line oriented; can be counted on to exceed goals and steadfastly pushes others for results
- High emotional intelligence, demonstrates abilities in conflict management, administration, reasoning, and decision making
- Values being present to support the team and company, open to being onsite 3 days a week
Be Part of Our Story:
Elevate K-12 is tasked with an important mission: change the way K-12 classrooms and teaching work. Our organization is a radically open-minded company that is scaling fast. We are a team focused on high performance, dynamism and embodying a collaborative culture at all levels. Our teammates are able to have open, honest discussions that drive us toward our mission. Elevate K-12 is in a stage of hyper-growth that will continue to open up new challenges and opportunities for our team.
We welcome women and underrepresented groups to apply even if they don’t meet 100% of the qualifications. These groups may be more likely to apply only if they meet all of the qualifications on a job description. We hope this inspires any applicant that is interested in the role even if they don’t meet all of the requirements in the “Who you are” section.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including gender identity, gender expression, change of sex, and transgender status), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you need assistance or accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request.