Job Detail - Engineering Manager
Who we are:
Elevate K-12 is a Series C funded, rapid growth stage start-up focused on solving the crisis-level teacher shortage in US K-12 schools changing the way classrooms work live, virtual instruction that gives students access to high quality, certified teachers who help them prepare for the world of the future! For our teacher community, we open new work opportunities proprietary platform and curriculum, enabling them to deliver live remote instruction across multiple subjects in elementary, middle, and high schools across the US. Our goal is to enable high quality live teaching for every learner in the U.S., from kindergarten through their first jobs, so they can receive the education they need to identify and pursue their unique passions in life. We are the new way to the classroom!
We live the mission of Elevate K-12, and we’re getting better each day, if all of this sounds exciting to you – We want to hear from you!
On the heels of a Series C funding led by General Catalyst, Elevate K-12 is enjoying strong business momentum, growing revenues at a 100% y-y, with plans to double again next year. To continue this momentum, we are investing in building out a strong product and technology function to power the next generation of solutions for students, teachers, and school/districts. The Elevate Software Engineering team, delivering cutting edge educational software at enterprise class scale and with consumer-grade experiences to deliver on our company mission.
In pursuit of this goal, we are looking for a Software Engineer to join our technical team as we move from being a tech-enabled service to a tech product company. We are looking for passionate and enthusiastic people who love solving complex business problems and providing excellent technical solutions. If you are passionate about joining a mission-driven, education technology company and creating the future of EdTech, then this role is for you!
Problems you’ll get to solve include:
- Engineer virtual delivery solutions that enable Elevate live instructors to deliver the most personalized, interactive, and engaging instruction to K-12 students across schools in the United States today, and globally tomorrow, enabling them to learn effectively and prepare for the future.
- Build unique solutions to allow teachers to teach from anywhere, on their own terms, and to rediscover their love for teaching.
- Develop solutions that enable schools and districts to bring interactive live platforms in a seamless manner into their educational systems, giving them the ability to not only solve the teacher shortage crisis, but also offer unique learning opportunities for their students.
- Construct analytics and AI solutions to tailor content, curriculum, and teaching approaches based on large-scale education delivery models.
- Lead User Stories and guide senior/software engineers in the development process
- Understand architecture principles, design patterns, and implement them from architecture artifacts.
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and other stakeholders to develop and implement project plans.
- Lead the development of software solutions using Microsoft Technologies, including .NET, C#, SQL Server, Azure, and other related technologies.
- Ensure the use of best practices and processes in software development, including code reviews, automated testing, and continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD).
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to team members, and work with them to resolve technical issues and challenges.
- Work with other Engineering Managers and senior leaders to define and implement engineering best practices and processes across the organization.
- Keep up to date with industry trends and emerging technologies and evaluate their potential impact on the organization's development practices.
What you will need:
- B.E/B.Tech/master’s in computer science (or equivalent) fromTier-1 college or university (IITs/RECs/BITS/PESIT/RV amongst others)
- 12 to 15 years of experience in software development, with focus on Microsoft Technologies.
- 3+ years of experience in managing teams of software developers and leading software development projects.
- Understanding of Frontend Technologies: Angular 14+
- Strong technical skills in .NET, C#, SQL Server, Azure/AWS, and related technologies.
- Understanding of GOF Design patterns and various Architecture patterns like DDD/Microservices.
- Strong leadership and management skills, with a proven record of accomplishment of delivering high-quality software solutions on time, with high quality and within defined KPIs.
- Good understanding of Agile software development methodologies
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.