Job Detail - Director of Sales
Elevate K-12 is on a mission to ensure every student receives a high-quality education, regardless of zip code. We are changing the way classrooms work by creating a brand new category of live, virtual classroom instruction to give students access to exceptional teachers through our two-sided network. Our certified teachers from across the country are securely streamed into tens of thousands of classrooms, providing instruction that would otherwise be unavailable in many districts across the U.S. Our goal is to enable high-quality, live teaching for every learner in the U.S., from kindergarten through their first jobs, so they can identify and pursue their unique passions in life. We are the new way to the classroom!
Elevate K-12 is a series-C funded (led by General Catalyst), high-growth, EdTech company enjoying strong business momentum. We are growing at 150%+ CAGR in a $50B TAM with plans to double again next year. We have the first-mover, and now the first-scaler, advantage and we are working to become an iconic EdTech brand in live teaching, uplifting the lives of millions of students and creating unique job opportunities for teachers in this new, innovative category of education.
We are seeking a strong sales leader who will manage a high-performing Enterprise Account Executive sales team. You will be responsible for driving revenue with new and existing customers, developing and mentoring a high performing team of Account Executives, and working cross-functionally with various stakeholders to establish and maintain solid client relationships and exceed sales targets. This role will report into our CRO.
What you will do:
- Responsible for both new business development, renewals and expansion.
- Build a high performing enterprise sales team that meets/exceeds established quotas.
- Ensure team maintains key customer relationships while working with Customer Success to develop and implement strategies to expand the accounts.
- Help develop, optimize, and codify the sales process to drive the performance of the team.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop account plans that optimize revenue and retention opportunities.
- Develop a metrics-based approach to managing your book of business and collect data to determine the true probability of delivering on commitment.
- Hire exceptional talent, develop the processes to onboard and train new sales executives, and continuously coach them to succeed in our fast-paced growth environment
- Partner with key stakeholders in business development, marketing, ops, and customer success to help position the team for optimal performance.
- 7+ years of enterprise value-based selling and 3+ years of senior sales leadership experience building and leading exceptional sales teams that consistently meet/exceed sales targets.
- Proven track record of working with Enterprise accounts and expanding the footprint and use cases that drive customer value and revenue growth, SaaS experience preferred.
- Proven success working in a fast paced, high growth start-up.
- Demonstrated experience developing and managing a sales pipeline and forecast that is timely and accurate.
- Experience recruiting and enabling exceptional sales professionals who consistently deliver results.
- Track record of selling big ($1M+ ACV) deals.
- Experience using data to make decisions that optimize revenue generation.
- Experience partnering effectively with peer teams across revenue operations, marketing, customer success.
- 20% travel to meet prospects/customers. Expectation to work from Chicago HQ 3 days/week.
What we offer:
- An amazing team of “Elevaters” with a strong, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Competitive compensation
- Unlimited PTO (Paid Time Off) & 12 company paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and more
- Phone stipend
- Chicago office gym & roof top space
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including gender identity, gender expression, change of sex, and transgender status), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request.