Job Detail - K6 Special Education Alaska Certified Teacher - Virtual
Are you ready to teach on your own terms? For far too long, teachers have had to compromise their lives in order to do what they love – teach! At Elevate, your curriculum is provided, your administrative duties are minimal, and your support team is strong! You have control over which classes you teach and what hours you work!
Let's get the pay out of the way: You can earn $30.00/hr dependent upon subject, state, and class assignment! We also pay for out-of-classroom administrative duties (e.g. preparing, grading and collaborating) and professional development, and offer discretionary stipends and bonuses as well. We have put the power in your hands – design your schedule and maximize your time!
Elevate K-12 Special Education teachers offer academic services across the range of special education settings and needs. Settings include, but are not limited to, traditional resource room and pull out, transitional settings, self-contained, etc. Our goal is to continue to support students with a range of abilities and needs including, but not limited to, other health impairments (OHI), mild to moderate disabilities, emotional or behavioral disorders, autism spectrum disorder (ASD), specific learning disabilities (SLD), etc.
What You’ll Need
- An active, verifiable Special Education teaching certificate in Alaska.
- Must be willing to teach Math and/or English Language Arts.
- Basic content knowledge about teaching special education is required regardless of the disability or disabilities that a school setting address. Certified special educational teachers should be prepared to instruct students at all developmental levels and needs.
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college in the United States.
- A daily available time block of at least five consecutive hours, Monday through Friday, 8am-4pm EST.
- Ability to work a part-time schedule of 5-25 hours per week on average during normal school times.
- A laptop/desktop computer with a reliable high-speed internet connection.
- Experience working with students in grades K-6.
- Most importantly – a passion for doing what you love... TEACH!
What You’ll Do
- Become a part of our Teacher Network, which will enable you to take permanent teaching assignments as well as substitute teaching opportunities.
- Teach Special Education for grades K-6 for a school district in Alaska. You will be the teacher of record.
- Provide high quality, synchronous instruction while using Elevate K-12 proprietary education software portal.
- Engage with students in a dynamic classroom environment using Elevate K-12 prepared content and curriculum.
- Collaborate effectively with Elevate K-12 team members to improve student learning.
What You’ll Get
- A high level of freedom and flexibility with a support system behind you
- Pay for both teaching hours as well as administrative time, as well as the ability to earn stipends and bonuses.
- 100% remote – While your students are still in a classroom, you will be teaching from wherever you choose!
- A support system in the way of a Classroom Coach to be in the classroom with the students, a dedicated Academic Coach to help you along your way, and a network of teachers to engage with and learn from!
- Focus on what’s most important – teaching Special Education! We take care of the curriculum so you can focus on engaging teaching and differentiating learning for student success.
- Ability to participate in professional learning opportunities to help effectively teach in the Elevate environment.
At Elevate, we treat teachers like the educated professionals they are. We empower our teachers to choose which classes they want to teach, when (and how much) they want to work, and where they want to log in – while being empowered to teach LIVE in classrooms across the country. Become an Elevate teacher, and finally take control of your work/life harmony!
Elevate K-12 is a creative, challenging, and adventurous community where individuals and teams are driven by growth, collaboration, and the goal to constantly focus on our students' needs. But through all of this, we always remember why we’re here: to teach!
Thank you for your interest in Elevate K-12. We are excited to have you join us on our journey to bring equity and opportunity to our students, regardless of zip code!
Elevate K-12 is an equal opportunity employer.