Job Detail - Physical Science State Alignment Writer
Elevate K-12 is changing the way classrooms work through live, online, real-time instruction to K-12 schools. Our two main focuses are to give students the best quality instructors and get them ready for the world of the future and to give instructors, especially women, work opportunities, irrespective of zip codes. We are the new way to the classroom!
An experienced, dynamic, tech-savvy science educator with high school curriculum writing experience. Someone with deep knowledge of research-based curriculum approaches and effective assessment strategies. We cater to K-12 schools and would prefer an individual that has had high school physical science teaching experience and/or serving as a department, building or district leader in this content area.
- Develop detailed lesson plans based on curriculum maps, state standards, and other specifications
- Design engaging and innovative lessons that leverage technology, research-based strategies, and best practices for online instruction
- Collaborate with the writing team to ensure the curriculum shares a common voice
- Develop formative and summative assessments that accurately monitor student progress
- Facilitate the preparation of materials, such as activities, projects, study guides, and teacher’s notes that align with the lessons
- Work collaboratively with fellow content writers to edit and improve lessons
- Complete work in an organized, efficient manner and ensure deadlines are met.
What you will need:
- A US state certification in high school Science
- Master’s Degree in Education (preferred)
- 5+ years of teaching
- 3+ years of curriculum writing
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Tech proficiency: PowerPoint, Word, Google Suite
- Experience with popular edtech applications (preferred)
- Work hours are flexible; however, the ability to be online for scheduled meetings is important. Meetings are scheduled in advance and in collaboration with advisors and/or managers.
- Availability of 10-15 hours per week
- 1099 Independent Short Term Contract role
Be Part Of Our Story:
Elevate K-12 is tasked with an important mission: change the way K-12 classrooms and teaching work. Our organization is a radically open-minded company that is scaling fast. We are a team focused on high performance, dynamism and embodying a collaborative culture at all levels. Our teammates are able to have open, honest discussions that drive us toward our mission. Elevate K-12 is in a stage of hyper growth that will continue to open up new challenges and opportunities for our team.