Job Detail - Certified Biology Teacher (New Jersey Certified) - Remote/Virtual & Part-Time
Teach Live, and Live life on your own terms. All of our Teacher opportunities are 100% remote, work from home jobs on a part-time basis! If you are a certified Teacher in the United States, you can teach virtually from anywhere in the world!
School is one of the first places where students can begin to imagine the futures they’ll have, and so much of that comes back to the teachers that inspire them. So, amid crisis-level teacher shortages, Elevate K-12 is on a mission to expand access to live education across the country, so no student is without a teacher.
We’re bringing the classroom of the future to life with our proprietary livestream learning systems which connect certified Live Teachers to hundreds of classrooms across the United States to provide fully synchronous and interactive instruction, directly into classrooms and on a school’s bell schedule. Our programs are powered by passionate teachers, curriculum experts, and former educators, and they’re all designed to keep the classroom experience as engaging and inspiring as possible.
Elevate K-12 is a creative, challenging, and adventurous community where individuals and teams are driven by growth, collaboration, and the goal to constantly push boundaries and disrupt the status quo. But through all of this, we always remember why we’re here: to make sure that access to a certified teacher can be a reality for every student, no matter where they live or what their circumstance.
- This is a 1099 contract position, ensuring you maintain a high level of freedom and flexibility. You will become a part of our Teacher Network, and once allocated to a class, you will have the ultimate work-life balance with part-time hours!
- We pay for both teaching hours as well as administrative time. Our New Jersey Biology Teachers earn $22/hour!
- 100% remote – forget about the commute! You can teach your students from anywhere that has a great high-speed internet connection.
- An in-school Classroom Coach will be allocated to work with you and help with grading, parent-teacher communication, etc. No more lunch duty! This means you get to focus on what’s most important – teaching Biology to your students in New Jersey!
- We take care of curriculum so that you can focus on teaching Biology and finding new and exciting ways to engage your students.
- We offer the ability to participate in professional learning opportunities to help effectively teach in the Elevate environment.
- Our mission is to bring equity to education, and you will have the opportunity to build lasting relationships with your students every day. Never miss a “light bulb” moment!
Who You Are
Teachers at Elevate K-12 have a passion for building relationships with their students. This is an opportunity to focus on the core of your craft – teaching Biology – while we support you with curriculum, content, and classroom management. You will never have to step foot into a classroom again as we bring education into the future!
Our Biology Teachers have the flexibility to work fully remote and around your schedule part-time. We require that you have at least a three-hour block of time available per day to ensure you can be allocated a classroom. However, if you have additional availability, you will have opportunities to take on more classrooms and impact more students!
Currently we are seeking a Biology Teacher who is certified to teach in New Jersey for grade level 7th or higher, who is interested in a virtual and fully remote opportunity. If you have a passion for teaching students and impacting outcomes, we hope to hear from you!
What You’ll Need
- An active, verifiable Biology teaching certificate in New Jersey.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college in the United States.
- A daily available time block of at least three hours, Monday through Friday, 8am-4pm EST. While class assignments are not guaranteed, this availability is required in order to qualify for potential assignments.
- Ability to work a part-time schedule of 5-25 hours per week on average.
- A laptop/desktop computer with a great internet connection.
- Past experience working with students in grades 7-12.
- Most importantly – a passion for helping students!
What You’ll Do
- Become a part of our Teacher Network, which will enable you to take on virtual classroom assignments as well as substitute teaching opportunities.
- Teach students virtually while using Elevate K-12’s proprietary education software portal. You will teach up to 3-5 hours per day during regular school hours.
- Teach Biology for grades 7-12 for a school district in New Jersey.
- Provide high quality, live instruction.
- Engage with students in a dynamic classroom environment using Elevate K-12 prepared content and curriculum.
- Collaborate effectively with Elevate K-12 team members to improve student learning.
- Design your schedule and maximize your time.
Thank you for your interest in Elevate K-12. We are excited to have you join us on our journey to bring equity and opportunity to our students, regardless of zip code!
Elevate K-12 is an equal opportunity employer.