Join the Elevate K-12 Team as an Online Teacher in Texas
At Elevate K-12, we are changing how classrooms work through live, online, real-time instruction. As an Elevate K-12 teacher, you can follow your passion for teaching and teach from home or anywhere life takes you. We provide you with the flexibility, training, curriculum, and support you need to give your students excellent learning experiences. Use your creativity and engagement skills to help students learn.
Being a teacher is a rewarding and fulfilling career, and online teacher jobs in Texas allow enthusiastic professionals to do what they love and take advantage of many benefits, including:
- Competitive Pay – As an Elevate K-12 online teacher, you can earn $22-40/hour + bonuses.
- Ultimate Work-Life Balance – Say goodbye to working long hours before, during, and after school. With an Elevate K-12 teaching schedule, you can set your hours and work part-time.
- Ability to Focus Completely on Teaching – We develop the curriculum and write the lesson plans, so all you need to do is focus entirely on helping students learn. The paraprofessional helps with classroom management and parent communications, and you never have to work lunch duty.
- Professional Development and Training – As an Elevate K-12 teacher, you receive professional development and training opportunities so that you have the tools you need to succeed and opportunities to enhance your skills.
- Technical Support – If a technology issue arises, you do not have to worry. We provide 24/7 access to live technical support so your classroom can run smoothly.
- Social Hours – We recognize the importance of relationships and the value of connecting with colleagues. As an Elevate K-12 teacher, you will be invited to social hours where you can talk with other online educators.
- Fully Remote – When you teach online, you can skip the commute and swap your dress shoes for slippers. The fully remote work environment helps you maximize efficiency.
Open Teacher Positions in Texas
Teacher Certification in Texas
To earn a teacher certification in Texas, five criteria must be met.
- You need a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university recognized by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB),
- You need to complete an Approved Educator Preparation Program.
- You need to pass approved teacher certification exams.
- You must submit a state application once you are eligible to apply.
- You must complete fingerprinting as part of a national criminal background check
Requirements for Online Teaching Jobs in Texas
To apply for online teaching jobs in Texas, you need to meet the following requirements:
- Education – You need a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college in the United States.
- Certification – You need an active, verifiable teaching certificate.
- Availability – You can choose your hours and work a part-time schedule of 5-25 hours per week. Within the flexible schedule, you must be available for 3-hour blocks of time during the school day.
- Equipment – You only need a laptop or computer, a desk, a chair, and a reliable internet connection.
- Experience – You need experience working with elementary, middle, or high school students.
- Qualities – You need a passion for helping students learn and the skills to engage students effectively.
Out-of-State Teacher Certification
We are looking for enthusiastic educators who love to inspire students and help them learn, regardless of zip code. For teachers who want to educate across state lines from the comfort of their desks at home, we offer a unique opportunity to teach now and get certified later.
Teach live, and live life on your own terms.
Teach from home during the day and choose your own hours from 8 to 5. Skip the commute and the endless hours of writing lesson plans.
Join certified teachers from across the country who are providing live-streamed, high-quality instruction to schools.