Online Science Teaching Jobs
Teach Science Remotely
Live Science teaching on your own part-time schedule. Choose the hours (up to 25 per week) you want to teach, and teach from home or anywhere life takes you.
I love that Elevate allows me to teach students across the country. The interactive portal makes it easy and fun to connect with each student in the classroom for class discussions, problem solving, and answering questions.
Become an Elevate live Science Teacher
Our Science Teachers have the flexibility to work fully remote and around your schedule part-time (up to 25 hours per week). We require that you have at least a three-hour block of time available per day to ensure you can be allocated a classroom. However, if you have additional availability, you will have opportunities to take on more classrooms and impact more students!
At Elevate K-12, we are changing how classrooms work through live, online, real-time instruction to K-12 schools. Our two main focuses are to give students the best quality instructors and to give instructors opportunities to fulfill their dream of teaching, irrespective of zip codes. We are flexible, we are fun, and we are the future of the classroom!
Elevate K-12 is tasked with an important mission: change the way K-12 classrooms and teaching work. Our organization is a radically open-minded company that is scaling fast. We are a team focused on high performance, dynamism and embodying a collaborative culture at all levels. Our teachers are able to have open, honest discussions that drive us toward our mission.
If you are enthusiastic about teaching, have an active teaching certificate, and are passionate about building relationships with your students, we want to hear from you! This is your opportunity to focus on your craft of teaching while we take care of all the curriculum, content, and classroom management. Never step foot in a classroom again! You will have the flexibility to work fully remote around your schedule, part-time (up to 20-25 hours/week). This is your opportunity to join the Elevate K-12 teacher network.
We are currently looking for Virtual Part-Time Science Teachers with a passion for teaching students and impacting outcomes. As an Elevate K-12 online science teacher, you can make meaningful connections with students and focus on your craft of teaching without ever leaving your house. This is a remote position and requires an active teaching certificate that is for a grade level 6th or higher (preferably secondary).
- Teach students virtually part-time (2-5 hours/day) during regular school hours
- Teach grades 6-12
- Provide high-quality instruction live
- Engage with students in dynamic classroom environment using Elevate K-12 prepared content
- Collaborate effectively with Elevate K-12 team members to improve student outcomes
- Design your schedule to maximize your time
- 1099 Independent Contract
Requirements for Online Science Teaching Jobs:
To excel as an online science teacher, you need to meet the following requirements:
- Education: To apply for online science teaching jobs, you need a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college in the United States.
- Certification: You need an active, verifiable science teaching certificate to be an online science teacher.
- Availability: You can choose your hours and work a part-time schedule of 5-25 hours per week. Within the flexible schedule, you must be available for 3-hour blocks of time during the school day.
- Equipment: As an Elevate K-12 teacher, you do not need to buy school supplies or materials for lessons. You only need a laptop or computer, a desk, a chair, and a reliable internet connection.
- Experience: To succeed as an online science teacher, you need experience working with middle or high school students.
- Qualities: To be an online science teacher, you need a passion for helping students learn and the skills to engage students effectively.
Why be a part of the movement at Elevate K-12?
- No lunch duty or classroom management – A paraprofessional will be assigned to you to help with grading and parent-teacher communication
- You focus on your teaching craft – We take care of the curriculum
- Live your passion & help kids find theirs
- You will build relationships with your students everyday – Never miss a “light bulb” moment
- Our teachers care about their students, each other and our mission to bring equity to education
Benefits of Becoming an Online Science Teacher:
Being a teacher is a rewarding and fulfilling career and becoming an online science teacher allows enthusiastic professionals to do what they love and take advantage of many benefits, including:
- Competitive Pay: As an Elevate K-12 online Biology or general Science teacher, you can earn $22/hour + bonuses. You can make $40/hour + bonuses as an online Physics or Chemistry science teacher. We pay for teaching hours and an additional 20% for administrative time outside the classroom.
- Ultimate Work-Life Balance: Say goodbye to working long hours before, during, and after school. With an Elevate K-12 teaching schedule, you can set your hours and work part-time.
- Ability to Focus Completely on Teaching: We develop the curriculum and write the lesson plans, so all you need to do is focus entirely on helping students learn. A paraprofessional helps with classroom management and parent communications, and you never have to work lunch duty.
- Professional Development and Training: As an Elevate K-12 teacher, you receive professional development and training opportunities so that you have the tools you need to succeed and opportunities to enhance your skills.
- Technical Support: If a technology issue arises, you do not have to worry. We provide 24/7 access to live technical support so your classroom can run smoothly.
- College Tuition Discounts: Teachers love learning, and we love helping people learn. We provide college tuition discounts to support your professional and intellectual growth.
- Social Hours: We recognize the importance of relationships and the value of connecting with colleagues. As an Elevate K-12 teacher, you will be invited to social hours where you can talk with other online educators.
- Fully Remote: When you teach science online, you can skip the commute and swap your dress shoes for slippers. The fully remote work environment helps you maximize efficiency.
Out-of-State Teacher Certification:
We are looking for enthusiastic educators who love to inspire students and help them learn, regardless of zip code. For teachers who want to educate across state lines from the comfort of their desks at home, we offer a unique opportunity to teach now and get certified later. To learn more, visit our Out-of-State Teacher Page.
Types of Online Sciences:
With Elevate K-12, everything that can be taught in person can be taught online. Our technology and curriculum help teachers, paraprofessionals, and students bring to life many types of science classes, including Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Environmental Science, Computer Science, Life Science, and Physical Sciences.
Available Online Science Teaching Jobs:
Now is an excellent time to apply because we have open online science teacher jobs in several different focus areas.
- Physical Science: As a physical science teacher, you can create new and exciting ways to teach students about fascinating non-living systems. To learn more, visit our online physical science teaching job page.
- Life Science: Do you love educating students about living organisms and life processes? If so, visit our online life science teaching job page.
- Chemistry: As an online chemistry teacher, you can inspire students’ fascination with elements, compounds, atoms, molecules, and ions. To learn more, visit our online chemistry teaching job page.
- Biology: Do you love helping students learn about life at a cellular level? If so, visit our online biology teaching job page to learn more.
- Physics: If you have the passion and expertise to teach students the fundamental aspects of how the universe behaves, visit our online physics teaching job page to learn more.
Teach live, and live life on your own terms.
Teach Science from home during the day and choose your own hours from 8 to 5. Skip the commute and the endless hours of writing lesson plans.
Join certified Science teachers from across the country who are providing live-streamed, high-quality instruction to schools.